I’m wrapping up a presentation for Wilkes University Tom Bigler Journalism Conference 2012, which is an event for high school students interested in journalism.
This is such a fun event and I’ve never even been in person. Last year, I Skyped in and this year, we’re planning to do a Google+ hangout. I can see the students, they can see me and I can share a presentation or anything I want to show them on my desktop. Ooops. Better clean that desktop.
Click the image or word “presentation” above to see my slides. The final is full of more places to go learn more about social media and journalism. Here they are:
• What are basic social media skills journalists need? – 10,000 Words
• The Future of Social Media in Journalism – Mashable
• Teaching Online Journalism – 4-part slideshows by Mindy McAdams
• 7 ways journalists can use Pinterest – Mashable
• Journalists learn what works on Tumblr – Poynter
• Miscellaneous articles on social media – Poynter