We are both journalists. We’ve even got a great journalism-based idea that we’re looking for funding for. But it’s the fun, light photo app that takes off like crazy so far.
Here are some highlights from the week:
- USA Today’s tech reporter took the app to the beach and had a little fun. Take 15 lbs off your selfie with new app
- Here’s an interview with the two of us on The Wall Street Journal: Shave 15 lbs. off your selfie
- We’ve had lots of sensational criticism, people calling our app is ‘evil’ and accusing of us capitalizing on people’s vanity. (for the record, we are not evil):
- This Guardian piece is one of the better ones in this vein, yet the reporter did not call us: The ugly truth about SkinneePix
- And here’s my response to the writer. My comment on the story has had lots of thumbs up from other readers. Many were happy to see me join them in the comments “below the line”: Hi, Guardian Crew!
- AND here’s a local story which takes an angle about local women do good. I hate that video they stuck on top of the story. Am trying to get them to replace it with the USAToday video: Phoenix Developers’ SkinneePix App Slims Users’ Faces